It’s incredible!!!! I was totally blown away by Sophie Marshall, at: https://smarshc.com nominating my blog the first time. And now…can you believe it?! Caramel, of Crushed Caramel (Learner at love) https://crushedcaramel.wordpress.com has nominated my blog for the Sunshine Blogger Award! A second nomination! (Sound effects: “Heavy groan….then loud crashing noise of a body falling to the floor”). Thank you Caramel for the nomination! It’s incredible!!!!! If you have time, check out Caramel’s blog, she’s a really clever and creative writer!
The Sunshine Blogger Award is an award for bloggers who spread “sunshine” to the blogging world.
The rules for this award are fairly easy:
- Thank the blogger/s who nominated you.
- Use the “Sunshine Blogger Award” logo on your post and list the rules.
- Answer the 11 questions the selector asks of you.
- Nominate 5 – 11 bloggers who you want to give the award to.
- Notify your nominees through social media or by commenting on their blog of their nomination.
- Ask your nominees 11 questions of your own that you have selected for them to answer.
The questions Caramel asked are:
- What do you do to keep fit and active?
- You are woken up by the love of your life who has made your favorite breakfast treat — What would that breakfast treat be?
- Are there any newish films or TV shows you enjoyed recently that you would recommend I watch?
- What motivates you to keep blogging?
- Is there a place where you go where “Everybody Knows Your Name” — A club, group, pub, class, congregation?
- What do you find inspiring about nature?
- Which song would get you up on the dance floor at a wedding reception or a party?
- Has anyone been able to pull off a big surprise for you? Or have you pulled off a big surprise for someone else?
- Do you remember who your first crush was on?
- If we were going out for drinks and I was going to buy the first round — What would I buy for you?
- Do you find it easy to be hopeful about the future or do you tend to worry?
My answers to Caramel’s questions are:
- I do Chi-Gung and short form Tai Chi everyday, I feel completely out of sorts if I don’t. I lift small weights (not more than 8 – 10 lbs or it aggravates my joints) and work out with stretch bands, every other day. For aerobic exercise, everyday, I dance to the music on the radio for 45 minutes or I power walk around my neighborhood for 45 minutes.
- Well, my husband can’t cook, so he would give me a can of beans and tell me to fix it myself or he would set the beans, can and all, on fire in the microwave. I mean seriously, he really can’t cook. He burns popcorn on a pretty regular basis. Or, he would give me a bag of frozen unsweetened red raspberries and I’d have those.
- My husband got me the third season of “The Last Kingdom”, on DVD, for Christmas and I’ve been watching that. It is about Alfred the Great and the people who helped keep him in power. It is historical, based on a real person and even though it is pretty violent at times,( there are Vikings involved), the story is really good and it has really good characters. I had seasons one and two already, so it was nice to see what was going to happen in the third season. I like historical movies and shows, so I really like this series. I hope they renew it for a fourth season so I can see what happens to Alfred’s son who is supposed to be king after him.
- I keep blogging because I like sharing about things I’m making and what my garden and some of the critters that live in it are doing. I do the tutorials so that young or new crafters, who might like some of the things I make, might be able to try making something similar for themselves.
- Would the dentist’s office count? They know me there. My husband’s mother, babysat my dentist when he was a little boy. So he, my dentist, is a friend of the family. I’m an introvert, so I don’t really do clubs or groups or pubs or classes. Being on here is about as social as I get. Seriously.
- How resilient nature is, is very inspiring and amazing. We had a major Category 2 hurricane blow through North Carolina, last September, and it really tore the area up pretty bad. For several days after the storm passed, it was dead quiet outside. No birds sang, no crickets chirped, no frogs sang at night, it was very creepy. Finally, after a few days, the crickets started singing again, birds started showing up, and the squirrels started running around in the yard during the day. And at night, the frogs started singing again and the bats were chasing bugs in the yard like nothing had happened. I guess it just took them that long to get themselves back to what is normal for them.
- Most Disco music songs. They all are pretty easy to dance to and I’m familiar with a good amount of them.
- That would be you and Sophie! I don’t think I’ve ever been more surprised than when I saw that, first, Sophie nominated me for this award, and then you did too! It’s really incredible!
- That would be Allan G.(that’s all I’ll say of his name). He was a senior in high school and I was a sophomore. He was very nice and I’ll always remember him.
- Well, if you could manage to get me out, I don’t drink anything alcoholic in nature. And no sodas. So, what I really like is a nice cup of hot tea. Oolong tea is very nice, no sugar or honey. I like my tea straight or with some carob powder in it.
- The future is kind of worrying. I see stuff in the news and it kind of can make my hair just about stand on end. I try to be as prepared as I can and hope for the best. And praying always helps!
My Sunshine Blogger Award nominees are:
- Ponnz The Swan Song https://myposttruth.wordpress.com
- Andrea Aguirre Artful-living https://artful-living.blog
- Crafty Rat https://craftyrat.uk
- Crafty Lemur blog https://craftylemur.com
- Camie Camie’s Cozy Corner https://camiescozycorner.wordpress.com
- Kelleysdiy https://kelleysdiy.com
- Inkybliss creations https://inkybliss.wordpress.com
- restore raven https://handmaderestoreraven.wordpress.com
- Double Pie https://doublepie.blog
- Christina’s Creative Corner Christina Miller https://christinascreativecorner.com
- Robin at Haphazard Homemaker https://haphazardhomemaker.com
Congratulations to the nominees! You all have super interesting, super clever, super crafty and super creative blogs. And you all deserve an award! I always look forward to your new blog posts!
My questions for my nominees are:
- When did you start on your creative journey and were you inspired by anyone?
- If you had time to learn a new language, what language would you choose to learn?
- What is your favorite product or item that you use in your creative process?
- If time travel was safe and possible, what point in history might you like to visit and why then?
- What new creative skill would you like to learn to add to what you already know?
- If you could visit any city or place in the world to help inspire you to new creative heights, what city or place might that be and why?
- Do you have a favorite animal that you like or that inspires you?
- If you eat salad, what are your favorite things you like in your salad? And favorite dressing for your salad?
- What new-do-it-yourself thing/skill would you like to learn?
- If you could teach a child only one thing that would help them make their way in life, what would that one thing be?
- When you aren’t with the people you know and care about, or even people you have just met, what nice thing do they hopefully say about you or that you want them to say about you?
So, there you go! Thank you for reading my second Sunshine Blogger Award nomination post! Thank you again Caramel for the nomination! Who would have thought? One, let alone two! It boggles the mind! And seriously, all my nominees deserve an award, they are all incredibly creative, clever people. Be sure and check out their blogs! So, I hope you all have a very nice day! HAPPY CRAFTING!!!!!